Looking for input on Fluval 06 series canisters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new canister filter. I currently own a 2 year old Fluval 405 and looking to replace it because of impeller noise. I've already replaced a ton of parts and I'm 100% sure it's not air in the canister itself. I already contacted Hagen/Fluval's customer support and they were little help, too. They said the motor was the only thing covered by the 3 year warranty and wanted me to ship it to them for analysis... but what am I supposed to do in the mean time without a working filter? haha oh well that's in the past.

Anyway, do any of you that own the Fluval 406 (or 06 series) have any of the problems that were common with the 05 series? I actually own both a 405 and 305 and they were running quiet and fine until the noisy impeller issue. My 305 actually was running like new until about a month ago and it's heading down the same path (luckily that tank isn't in our living room).

Open to suggestions on a new canister!

I've been running a Fluval 406 for a year now and it is still as quiet as it was on day 1. It was my first canister filter so I can't comment on changes between the 05 and 06 series however. I would be curious to see what they changed between 05 and 06 as a lot of the parts are probably still the same.

If I were going to buy another canister, I would buy another Fluval 06 series in a heartbeat.

I guess I'm just apprehensive getting another fluval after my experiences with these two. Both worked great over a year and a half then all of a sudden grind grind grind lol.

I have only had mine for about a week, but so far so good. quiet enough to worry about in the living room.

Back
Top Bottom