Looking for input on high head pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo C

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a 90 gallon that I'm making a sump/refuge for. Which pump is good but not crazy $ for a 9' head?

How many gph are you looking for? I just picked up an Eheim Compact + 2000, it does up to 500 (something) gph although I will tune it down to 300... It was $89. Quiet, and comes with brackets to mount on the side of a sump or suction cups to bottom mount it...

I was interested in the aqualife pump, any feedback on that brand?

How many gph are you looking for? I just picked up an Eheim Compact + 2000, it does up to 500 (something) gph although I will tune it down to 300... It was $89. Quiet, and comes with brackets to mount on the side of a sump or suction cups to bottom mount it...

I did see that one. I'm not sure of what gph I need so I was thinking bigger is better, I could always redirect some h2o back to sump!

I use quietone 4000 hh on all my tanks never had no proublems and I don't even hear them

quiet ones are what I currently use, tried a mag drive once and it sounded like there was a chainsaw under the tank, let it run for about an hour before I couldn't stand it anymore and took it back and exchanged it for a quiet one

Yea I hear the Mag drive are noisy too... Someone recommended Eheim to me because they're quiet. All the reviews confirmed that too.

Wow 1664 gph for $125. That's mine as long as 9' of head isn't to long. Any idea if it'll work?

Back
Top Bottom