Looking for one or two good air pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swood

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 26gal freshwater bow front tank. Its about 17" deep. I want to drive two maybe three airstones. I wouldnt mind having a pump that is serviceable. From reading several forums it looked like corallife brand didnt have such good customer service. The pump(s) will be sitting on a shelf below aquarium so total travel distance for air will be up 30 or so inches and then down 17". Not looking for the cheapest just something that lasts and can be maintained if needed.

Thanks in advance

Stan

I use and love the Azoo 9500s. They are cheap on drsf&s, especially when on sale. They are strong and reliable, I have about five for up to six years or so and never had any problems. I love the amount of air they produce, even at the bottom of my 150.

The only distance that matters to the pump as far how much air it can push is how deep underwater the airstone is, which you said was 17 inches.

Water adds 14.7psi per 33 feet. So 17 inches is around 0.67psi minimum needed to blow air. So basically any good air pump will do.

One thing that came to mind when you said where you're putting the pump, have a stop-vavle (one way valve) so if your pumps shuts off for any reason the hose won't accidently siphon water into your airpump.

Back
Top Bottom