Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for tank suggestions...

I have a 20 gallon long, that I love (long aquariums appeal to me ). It currently houses two young plecos (*tsk, tsk*, I know, but they're my favorite fish), two banjo catfish, and two zebra nerite snails (just for the **** of it). That's it. I haven't found anything else that appeals to me (everything is either too big for a 20 long or just doesn't seem to do well for me). It has a nice $50 light/hood that my mom got me and, being that it was $50, I want to get use out of it. :p

Now, I've recently gotten into reptiles and a 20 long is a nice tank for lots of reptiles, but they wouldn't need the hood. I really don't want to put the hood into storage, plus I like having fish too.

So, what should I do? Should I simply get another 20 long for reptiles? Should I upgrade the fish to a bigger tank that can use the 20 long hood (which sizes can?) and just get a screen for the 20? Should I do something totally different?

Also, after I do whatever I do with the tank(s), what fish should I stock with? The two plecos used to be active all the time when the tank was at college, but now that I'm back home, they hide all day and my tank looks empty pretty much all the time.

I really need some opinions on this. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Additional Info:
The fish I really like (I suppose), in approximate order, are plecos, oscars, and angelfish. I'm not opposed to a tank that only has a few fish in it, so long as it looks good.
Xailiar is offline   Reply With Quote

suggestions, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com