Looking for the cheapest 10 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's pretty neat, is there a website that I can find instructions for it?

Nope. It's just something that I came up with a while back. I cut a water bottle in half, used an exacto knife to slice holes in the bottom, added gravel in the bottom for weight, added layers of filter padding, and then the uplift tube. After all that was added in I nested the two bottle halves together which is the difficult part. It's good to go after that.

One thing I would add is that I cut enough holes in the bottom of the bottle that would allow me to breathe unrestricted through the bottle. You just have to arrange the cuts so they don't compromise the bottom of it.

Nope. It's just something that I came up with a while back. I cut a water bottle in half, used an exacto knife to slice holes in the bottom, added gravel in the bottom for weight, added layers of filter padding, and then the uplift tube. After all that was added in I nested the two bottle halves together which is the difficult part. It's good to go after that.

One thing I would add is that I cut enough holes in the bottom of the bottle that would allow me to breathe unrestricted through the bottle. You just have to arrange the cuts so they don't compromise the bottom of it.

I'll definitely try this when I get some nee tanks. I'm still undecided between spending my upcoming bday and Christmas money on several 10 gals or a 55 or 75 gal. I'm leaning toward the 55 or 75, and get the 10 gals later, but I'll probably pick up the tanks themselves at the upcoming petco $1 per gal sale.

Awesome! How did you find this out? I never could find out with my research. And what about petsmarts $2 per gallon with hood and lights sale?

:D I know people that work there ! :D It's a pre Xmas sale (y)

As for pet smart I have no clue

Back
Top Bottom