loving my ro/di unit and t5 lights!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got my ro/di unit, but forgot to say I needed the faucet adapter. Well I'm in business now, making ro/di water, no more lugging gallon jugs of distilled water up stairs to my apartment....whoohoo!!! I'm loving it!!! And my lights are awesome to! Now waiting on the stand for the 40 gallon breeder, have an extra 40 pounds of live rock just waiting to go in the new tank, got the rock off craigslist for two bucks a pound! I'm sure my fish will love the xtra room!! Now what to do with the 20 gallon long

Make a sump for the 40g breeder? LOL

Glad everything worked out for you. The ro/di machine is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. I hated lugging those darn jugs and filling them at the supermarket. :)

carey said:
Make a sump for the 40g breeder? LOL

Glad everything worked out for you. The ro/di machine is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion. I hated lugging those darn jugs and filling them at the supermarket. :)

If I'm not mistaken I believe it was you that said go with the ro/di unit ( from ebay, and the Nova Extreme t-5 lights) and a big thank you!!! If I had any idea how to make a sump I would! :) when it comes to things like that I am clueless! :) not coming to Iowa anytime soon are you? Lol!!!

LOL. I used to live in Iowa, creston :)

I had NO IDEA at all about sumps until my last build. I bought pre made of course but still had no idea what I was doing. hehe Theres a learning curve for sure but it's actually not as hard as I thought.

You can check out the DIY forum and see what other people do. I think you can silicone glass/acrylic and make chambers in the 20L. Then you just add what you want to the sump. Bet that sounds easier than it is, but alot of people do it so it can't be that bad.

Glad youre pleased with the suggestions, you got a great deal on the ro unit and the lights are top notch. What more could you ask for?

Since I am divorced and making my own living ( and loving it) maybe more money so I can upgrade sooner!! :) And the sump thing blows my mind, but that is a good idea, I will do more reseach on that!! Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom