Made a portable R/O station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwayne.aycock

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have you ever wanted to have a R/O station but did not have the money, skills, plumbing knowledge or nerve to get one? Well I was in the same boat until I got creative and built a portable R/O station myself. I already have a R/O system in my house, but my wife was never going to let me fill her kitchen with 5 gallon buckets and all other manner of aquarium equipment. To get 5 gallons of R/O water takes some time and unless I did my water changes after everyone had gone to bed....I was out of luck.
I found a 5 stage R/O unit on ebay from a company called titan water systems for about $100.00 plus $30.00 shipping. The unit comes with all the hardware and a storage tank. It has a DI section for water suitable for aquarium use as well as drinking water.
I found in my attic 2 plastic storage shelves with poles.
In my garage, I had a small furniture dolly which I put under the shelves and held in place with with a ratchet strap.
I mounted the 3 stage canister filters with zip ties to the side of the top shelf.
Next I mounted the faucet for drinking water with the supplied hardware.
I mounted the storage tank to the bottom shelf with a bungee cord. The only tricky part was finding the parts to connect the tubing to a garden hose (found parts at Home Depot). I flushed the system and let it run for 30 minutes. I am able to get 35 GPD of R/O water without taking over my Wife's kitchen.(y)

If out want to know more, just send me a note and I will send PICs.
Dwayne

Sounds awesome dwayne!!! Its always good to be creative :) i would love to see how it looks!

Back
Top Bottom