mag drive 1.9 plumbing/fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
02519pump.gif

I have a mag drive 1.9 that I'm wanting to hook up to 1/2" pvc pipe. The book says "1/4 piping".

Does this mean 1/4" FPT?

And, if so, where can I find a 1/4" FPT x 1/2" slip pvc fitting?

There should be a fitting for an 1/4" x 1/2" threaded female adapter. They're in the plumbing section where the quick connect fittings are. I recall seeing a 1/4 threaded female to a 1/2" threaded male adapter at Home Depot today. They should have something similar to fit your need.

We have a lowes, they don't carry anything that small. I took the pump in and everything.

I went ahead and ordered this because I was getting some other stuff anyways.

This should work, right?
Bushing Fitting - Slip X FPT

Should be fine regardless of plastic (PVC, ABS etc). Just use some plumbers tape around the threads and you should be good to go.

Thanks rick. That piece fit, threadings matched. I will still use plumbing tape because I always do, except on compression fittings where it is useless.

I was under the impression that this piece would allow a 1/2" pvc pipe to slip INTO into it. Not so, but I picked up a 1/2" slip x slip coupler and things are good to go.

Woot glad it worked out. It's nice in this hobby when you can get a fix for under a buck! I love it when all there is to a plumbing issue is just a fitting or two.

Woot glad it worked out. It's nice in this hobby when you can get a fix for under a buck! I love it when all there is to a plumbing issue is just a fitting or two.

The extra unplanned trip for a 50 cent piece of plastic sucks, lol. I've been to lowes so many times for this hobby.

Haha i know what you mean. After my first extra trip for fittings, I decided to buy double what i needed as a precaution. I've got all types of fittings and extra pvc pipes for 1/2" to 1.5" sizes. Hope that trip wasn't far.

Nah, about 2 or 3 miles down the road. When you go to use those, there will be fittings that you don't have that you will need :D

Takes minimum 3 trips to lowes/home depot to finish a project lol.

Back
Top Bottom