mag drive 36

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have a mag drive pump? I am looking at model 36. The gph is 3600 but I was wondering if it was really that powerful? Has anyone had this pump before. I was also looking at the dolphin amp master 3000 but I would have to take my filter out and cut a whole in it since it's for dry applications.

TIA

I've got a mag 7 on my 72. they are good pumps. Mine is really quiet as long as nothing is laying on it

Apparently you can run them dry for like 24 hours and they won't burn out on you....... that's just what I have heard though.....

I have a mag 18 on my 90 gallon and it pumps like a mother. I would assume the mag 36 will blow your balls off. Like the previous post said they are pretty quiet, I have mine sitting on a mouse pad and you can hardly tell its running. And I run my externally.

Broke a fitting above my Mag Drive 36 while tuning up the system and it felt a lot like a gallon a second when it hit me in the face, it was CONSIDERABLY louder than my Blueline.

Back
Top Bottom