Mag Drive 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjbuente

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay for my DIY filter that I have going now, I had two 200GPH pumps. One before that filter and one after the filter. I really did not like this setup, I just wanted one pump to run this filter. That and I had plans to use the others for another DIY project.

So I purchased a Mag Drive 5 (500GPH) thinking that it would be enough. WRONG! :banghead: If I put it before the filter and measure that flow. I get ~75GPH, If it put it after the filter I get ~95-100GPH. With my old setup I was easily getting around 125GPH. Should I of gotten a bigger pump? Or is there something in my DIY filter that is holding me back?

Also, I have heard people say how quiet these things are and that was one of the big drives on getting one. Not the case for me, it is as loud as a box fan. With it driving the tank in my bed room, obviously noise is a no go.... Since I have ran it over night the noise has gotten slightly better. I can hear the thing want to get quieter but it does not.

Back
Top Bottom