Mag drive question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith A.

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a mag drive 1200 as a return pump in my sump for about three years now. I've noticed that I'm starting to get bubbles in the "U tube" between the prefilter outside of the tank and intake box inside the tank more frequently (I have a trickle filter). I keep on having to lower the intake box inside the tank to increase the amount of water going into the sump but the water level in the tank is noticably lower. I've cleaned the mag drive, filter sponges and as much of the tubing as posible. Is this a sign my pump is starting to ware out or are there other tips I can do to keep the bubbles out of the "U tube"?

Thanks,
Keith

If you keep increasing the water flow into the sump and the sump doesn't overflow, I'd say your pump is fine.

Lowering the intake box should also lower the tank water level. Raise the intake back up and look for another cause. Have you made any changes to the system that would increase evaporation? Hood change? Temp. change? Lower the humidity in the house?

I have noticed that I've been having to add more water more frequently lately. I did adjust the thermostat in the house becasue of the change in weather. I guess that could be a possibility. Thanks for the feedback.

keith

It seems like the humidity in the house affects my water levels the most. In the winter when it's drier, I have to add water once or twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom