Mag Drive VS. Lifeguard Aquatics Quiet One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's want opinions on a return pump. It's for a 75gallon reef tank, and it's between a mag drive 9.5 or a Quiet One 3000

Any experiences and opinions? Thanks!!

Running a 9.5 mag on my 90g and really like it. Will be getting another mag 9 for my new 60g cube. :)

I just like them, quiet, at least to me and so far reliable.

I have a mag 9.5 on my 125. It's really quiet which i like. To be honest, I wish I had bought a mag 7. The mag 9.5 has too much flow for my sump. I've had to tune it down with a ball valve to slow it down. My octo skimmer has worked a lot more efficiently with less flow.

AquaRick said:
I have a mag 9.5 on my 125. It's really quiet which i like. To be honest, I wish I had bought a mag 7. The mag 9.5 has too much flow for my sump. I've had to tune it down with a ball valve to slow it down. My octo skimmer has worked a lot more efficiently with less flow.

What size sump do you have? Mine will be a 20 long

AquaRick said:
I have a 40g breeder. I'm a huge fan of low flow on a return pump, and more circulation pumps in the DT when using an in-sump skimmer.

I will have an in sump skimmer. I think a bubble magus. I think the 7 it is. It was between the two.

So now it's the 7 or the Quiet One 3000

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

I have never used the Quiet one but am a very happy customer of Mag drive pumps. I have a mag 9.5 and a mag 12 in my sump and love them.

Last edited:
melosu58 said:
Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

I have never used the Quiet one but am a very happy customer of Mag drive pumps. I have a mag 9.5 and a mag 12 in my sump and love them.

Thanks! And sorry didn't see the hardware topic!

running two quiet ones I think they're the 2200 & 6000 not sure off the top of my head, but very quiet and reliable

manbeast said:
running two quiet ones I think they're the 2200 & 6000 not sure off the top of my head, but very quiet and reliable

What size tank do you have? Just trying to get a feel for what I need!

the 6000 I have running in a sump on my 150gal. the 2200 was being used on a sump in my 90gal. but just using a cannister on that right now, check out the site www.thatpetplace.com they carry most of the pumps you would be looking for and usually list the flow charts with head ratings and such, convenient to see them all on one site rather than bounce site to site. good luck

Back
Top Bottom