Magnetic algae cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T Waters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Amazon sells one of those super magnet glass tank algae cleaners , i.e.
Magnetic Aquarium Fish Tank Cleaner, KEDSUM Fish Tank Glass Cleaner, Algae Scraper Floating Clean Brush with Handle Design

One reviewer says the magnet is so strong it could break the glass if you are not careful and it draws the inside the tank half too suddenly against the outer half. Has anybody here ever hear tell of a glass tank full of water breaking by a magnet attracting something?

I use the mag-float brand in the smallest size for my nano tank and it’s awesome! I even leave it in my tank so I don’t have to touch the water often. on the package it says to watch your fingers because the magnet is strong. I tried to close it on my fingers in fear of it breaking my glass and it didn’t hurt, probably because I have the smallest size. I’m still careful putting it in my tank though, I hold the inside part on the inside of the tank then slowly put the outside piece on the tank under the inside one and slide it up so they meet rather than just clapping them together

I have a mag float the magnet is super strong god only knows how many times almost got fingers squished , when putting on the glass keep them away from each-other so they don't smash together about 6 inch than slowly glide them over each other

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom