Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

magnifying sheet

My granddaughter and I have a 55 gallon aquarium that has only fancy guppies in it. Sammi and my other 2 grandchildren love to watch the progress of the mommas and look up close at the guppies. The thing I am looking for may not even exist,but I'm looking for a magnifiying sheet that the kids can hold up to the tank and not have to use their round magnifying glasses. I'd be able to use it to check out the fry in their tank too. Does anyone know where I can order one? I've tried Pet shops and even Office Depot.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I've seen what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure I saw one in the walmart vision center the other day when I was ordering new glasses... are you talking about something like this?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

magnifying sheet

That sounds like it will work great! While I do kinda enjoy watching 3 little heads with their magnifying glasses,it is harder for them to look at the guppies. They swim so fast that the kids can only see them for a split second. I haven't bought females until 2 weeks ago and have 3, maybe 5 mommas now,so it will really help me to get a good look at the fry. Thank you so much for your post.

Lyn McCoy:p
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

They're called fresnel lenses.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Another option is..: The Portal by IVS gets your tank magnified

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com