magnum 350 canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayreee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I took part of my magnum 350 canister filter apart to put some carbon in it. It is new to me, but used, and I don't really know what I am doing. I think I put it together right and when I turn it on it seems as if it is working but bubbles are going down one part of it (the clear part (on the inside of it)). It also seems af if they are coming out of the part that the water flows out of. Not soapy bubbles just water bubbles. I know it worked fine before I did that. The instructions at marineland.com don't really help me much. Could this be because I broke the small rubber gasket on the Impeller exhaust tube? That is the area the bubbles are coming from. Thanks

I looked at that and it helped me find the part I broke that I need to order :D I am pretty sure it's because I broke the small rubber gasket on the impeller exhaust tube. Man $5.00 plus s&h for a tiny little gasket :roll: I was about to give up on it but I finally figured it out. Thanks :D

I have replaced the gaskets and that wasnt the problem. I have no clue what it is. Here is a pic...

filter.jpg

Nevermind, I tried to shorten the tubes and I just gave up. I am just going to order an emperor 400.

Well first of all, your hoses are crimped, which can't be helping the flow rate!

It's obvious you have an air leak. It looks to me like you have air coming in before the canister. I would check those quick disconnects for leaks, or somewhere else down the intake line!

If there are no bubbles coming from the intake line, simply un do all the connections, make sure the gasket areas are clean, and retighten them. Don't overtighten as you may crack the plastic and you won't be worrying about the gasket anymore!

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom