Magnum 350 Tubing - Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dinokath

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I have been going nuts trying to find some replacement tubing for this thing. I am getting ready to relocate it and my tubing is too short and I to replace it.

Question:

- Can I go to Home Depot and buy potable water line? I read in one post that this tubing can collapse under the strain of the intake. Anyone have an opinion on that?

If anyone knows where I can get OEM replacement tubing, please post a link! There is nothing on the Marineland site and most of the other fish supply sites (actually found what I am looking for on a Canadian website, but do NOT want to pay the shipping to the US! :D)

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Try a good LFS I found replacement tubing for my Fuval 403. They may have to order it.

Any tubing should be food grade and have a thick enough wall that it won't collapse on it's self.

One trick I have used is to find tubing that close to OEM then splice it with a barb or plastic tubing and hose clamps.

I use clear vinyl tubing for mine. I use the thick walled one from HD (~5/8" ID, 13/16" OD) and has no issues with collapse. <They also sell the thin walled vinal hose & those were too soft & kink too easily.>

Note that the thick walled hose will not fit the quick connect, those are designed for thinner walled tubes. I solved the problem by using an exacto knife & shaving off the outside of the tube so that at the ends, the OD for the last 3/4" or so is 3/4" (what the Magnum manual called for). This allows the tubing to slip into the gap of the quick connect & allow the screw threads to catch the hose & lock it in tightly.

This had worked well for me for years ... until I switched to my wet/dry & sump. But I am still using the same hose to connect my return pump.

Back
Top Bottom