Many Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dlee13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone.

So I been doing a fishless cycle for several months with no progress and now my filter has died I think. It makes a buzzing noise and the water intake doesn't seem to be working. Do you think it is broken? It's an overhead filter that is part of a blue planet all in one aquarium so wasn't that powerful in the first place.

Also, how do you remove the last 25% of the tank water? I been trying with the siphon but no luck.

Hey everyone.

So I been doing a fishless cycle for several months with no progress and now my filter has died I think. It makes a buzzing noise and the water intake doesn't seem to be working. Do you think it is broken? It's an overhead filter that is part of a blue planet all in one aquarium so wasn't that powerful in the first place.

Also, how do you remove the last 25% of the tank water? I been trying with the siphon but no luck.

How exactly have you been doing the cycle? What has your ammonia / pH been the entire time?

I'm not familiar with that filter / aquarium at all but try priming the filter with water. Sometimes that's all that's needed to get it going.

As for removing the last 25% I usually end up using a pitcher and end up scooping up a good portion of the substrate along with the water to get it out.

How exactly have you been doing the cycle? What has your ammonia / pH been the entire time?

I'm not familiar with that filter / aquarium at all but try priming the filter with water. Sometimes that's all that's needed to get it going.

As for removing the last 25% I usually end up using a pitcher and end up scooping up a good portion of the substrate along with the water to get it out.

Even though I appreciate the concern about my cycle, I already have another thread concerning that. The main reason I put that in is so people know I have no fish waiting on me to get a new filter.

I actually think my crappy filter was the cause of this so I'm wondering if I should get a Fluval U2 or U3? A hob or external filter isn't an option for me since I have a lid and a cat so the lid is a must!

When I get a new filter I will try that trick thanks :) and I will get a pitcher as well, the siphon is too big for the last of the water.

Even though I appreciate the concern about my cycle, I already have another thread concerning that. The main reason I put that in is so people know I have no fish waiting on me to get a new filter.

I actually think my crappy filter was the cause of this so I'm wondering if I should get a Fluval U2 or U3? A hob or external filter isn't an option for me since I have a lid and a cat so the lid is a must!

When I get a new filter I will try that trick thanks :) and I will get a pitcher as well, the siphon is too big for the last of the water.

As long as the filter is moving water through it, its functioning properly. The BB will grow on every available surface. The issue is with your parameters or water supply rather than the filter

Back
Top Bottom