Marinelabd 350 penguin filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graybear78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of the bio-wheels is not spinning. I have rinsed it, clean the spinner holders and area near bio-wheel. What is wrong? What can I do?

Do you have good pressure from the spray bar? Mine got clogged after cleaning, had to use small bristles to clean spray bar holes to get good flow back
Edit: I have the canister with biowheels. Not the penguin

The water is flowing evenly on both sides. Where would the blockage be?

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine was in the clear adjustable spray bar that sprays onto the wheel. I don't have a photo :/ if you have even water flow then it doesnt sound like blockage though

I didn't think so...it's just the bio-wheel that isn't spinning.

It is the Emperor 400 or 280 which has the spray bar, not the Penguin series.

Have you tried removing the filter pads and seeing if they turn then? If so, replace the filter pads with new or rinse the old ones with a sprayer to knock out the debris.

This is what keeps my 350 from spinning most of the time.

It is the Emperor 400 or 280 which has the spray bar, not the Penguin series. Have you tried removing the filter pads and seeing if they turn then? If so, replace the filter pads with new or rinse the old ones with a sprayer to knock out the debris. This is what keeps my 350 from spinning most of the time.
by sprayer you mean sink tap sprayer? Bad idea.. Just swish it around in a bucket of tank water to be safe..

I rinsed it under tap (last night) and it started ok. This morning it is not spinning. Wondering if I need nee bio-wheels?

I rinsed it under tap (last night) and it started ok. This morning it is not spinning. Wondering if I need nee bio-wheels? Sent from my SGH-I547C using Aquarium Advice mobile app
keep an eye on your water parameters, some tap contains chlorine which can wipe out your bb, a mini cycle can occur..

Back
Top Bottom