Marineland 360 for a 55? Good idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Proteus55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been set to order an Eheim Classic 2217 for my new 55 but am somewhat concerned about the difficukty in setting up, priming, and cleaning. From what I've read, the newer Marineland 360 is a more advanced technology and easier to maintain. Any horror stories I should know about? Back in the old days, this was a reliable brand. Have things changed, or is this a sensible choice for a stand-alone in an unplanted community tank?

I have used a marineland canister and after a year it started leaking, could just be o rings or a valve block head. Either way I quit using it. I now use fluval and eheim canisters. Eheim has been the industry leader for a very long time. I would recommend the eheim. Just my opinion though.

I had a 360 that started leaking after about 2 years of use. Replaced seals and rings and still leaked (destroyed the stand and had to have a custom one rebuilt). Use a sunsun now and haven't had a problem after 7 months. Something else to look at.

I would suggest looking at fluval also or stick with the eheim you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom