Marineland Aquarium Light Timer Issue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ketso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased one of these today. This is the second one of this type of light timer I have bought in the last week. The first was similar to this only from from Home Depot.

timerof8.jpg

The problem I have had with both units is that once it gets around to the toggle, it just sits there. It's like they dont have enough power to turn their own switch. Anyone else have an issue like this with these?

I'm thinking about getting one of these, Coralife Aqualight Power Center. Has anyone had an issue with these?

I have heard some poor reviews of the Marineland timers...
I have a few older Intermatic timers that slow down gradually because of the switch...
I now use the digital Intermatic timers.

I use that same one and I`m not having any problem. Just make sure the toggle is set right. If no results I would return it.

I got mine working earlier today. What I did was to sit and watch tv for about a 1/2 hour or so. All the while, spinning the dial around and around.

It was kind of annoying but it worked and I got to watch TV by myself for a bit. I guess it just needed some breaking in. Does a good job now.

If anyone else has this issue. Try this before returning it. Might save you a trip to the LFS!

I have one of those timers, the only problem I have had was the plugs were too close together, but I bought the smaller version, so that is my fault.

Back
Top Bottom