Marineland Bio-wheel.... problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
About 6-7 months ago I bought a marineland bio-wheel 170 for my 55 gal fw tank. Im running a whisper 30 or 40 also.

Anyways I noticed just now while feeding the fish that the filter wasnt working. Wtf?? I checked it, the motor was real hot and the impeller and motor were clean (free of algae, hair, etc). I cleaned it out anyways and plugged it back in - no go.

What gives?? Is this all these retarded things are meant to last for? Is this a common problem?

Eek. Is the motor running at all now, or is it just not pushing water? I've always known marineland to be a good brand of equipment. I would give their customer service line a call and see what they reccomend. They'll likely send you a replacement.

Mine has been working for a long time with no problems at all. It's a good thing that you have a back up filter!

I have also had no problem with marineland. I have had to contact customer service before with just a question and they were extremely responsive and helpful.

Had you done a water change and not primed the filter when you turned it back on? Meaning, was there for some reason no water for the filter to filter?

Back
Top Bottom