Marineland Bio-Wheel vs. Aquaclear Power filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
My emperor 280 is noisy despite throwing parts at it. Im about to throw IT out a window...

I have a spare Aquaclear 70 that Ive never set up...

Seeing that Ive been a longtime Marineland power filter user, Im not familiar with the Aquaclear at all.

Just a general question and opinions/feedback are welcome - do you have an Aquaclear - if so, what do you like about it vs. other power filters? Are the Aquaclears quiet? Do you filter as well and provide biological filtration like my bio-wheel filters?

I appreciate any feedback!!

I went from a Penguin 200 to an AC70 because the Penguin impeller kept getting eaten by sand and it would start screeching like you wouldn't believe. The AC hasn't had this problem. When they're running right, both filters are pretty quiet. The lid on the AC70 can rattle a bit, but that's about it. I think the AC70 does a better job than a Marineland with the stock cartridges and you don't need to clean it nearly as often.

I went from a Penguin 200 to an AC70 because the Penguin impeller kept getting eaten by sand and it would start screeching like you wouldn't believe. The AC hasn't had this problem. When they're running right, both filters are pretty quiet. The lid on the AC70 can rattle a bit, but that's about it. I think the AC70 does a better job than a Marineland with the stock cartridges and you don't need to clean it nearly as often.

:cool:

Thank you Sir...thats exactly the feedback Im looking to collect.

I also noticed that the media for the Aquaclear was waaayyy cheaper than the Emperor! And I like that the Aquaclear is, well... clear! lol. That way I can see into it to check on the media.

Back
Top Bottom