Marineland DB LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm new to the family so I hope I put this in the right section. I just picked up this light and love it! I have no real plants so I figured I'd be ok with it. I'm amazed at the difference the water looks! It's like sunlight bouncing off the ocean, I'm really impressed by it. And the moon light effect is awesome. I love just relaxing at night and watching my guys swimming around under the moon light. Pretty cool. Just wanted to share my experience with this light so far....

Anyone else using it or have there own moon light set up?

View attachment 56163

View attachment 56164

Wow. I like them. I have been thinking about doing this too.

How to they install?

How much were they?

And your plants look good too. Who makes them?

I especially like the moonlight function. Very cool.
Your pics are worth a thousand words.

those lights can not support corals or photosynthetic plants from what i've read. If you only want lights I think you could have gotten cheaper ones just because thats all those do pretty much

Fake plants so no worries, no coral again. So no worries... Cost was $120.00 sale price at LFS and it just sits on top of your tank either with the legs that keep it about an inch off the tank or without. I opted to remove the legs, I like the stealth look, you can hardly see it a top the tank.

I really love this light and I'm glad I gave in and bought it.

I forget who makes the plants. There the ones with real heavy rock base so it would be harder for my convicts to drag them around.

I just ordered one and can't wait to get it. I thought it would be ok for plants though. Kinda bummed. :(

Just add a other light for the plants no? And the LED light you can just sit back an enjoy! And just wait until night time and you turn on the. Blues... So pretty to watch.

Well, I like this light and my plants are actually growing! They are anubias, swords, and hornwort. So it may not be for high maintenance plants, but low maintenance plants do okay with it. Yay!

Hholly said:
Well, I like this light and my plants are actually growing! They are anubias, swords, and hornwort. So it may not be for high maintenance plants, but low maintenance plants do okay with it. Yay!

Good to hear! Do you have pics?

image-2299341901.jpg

This is my only pic so far. The tall plants are plastic but the shorter ones are real and getting new leaves since planted.

I love it I have it, you should buy a circulation pump and point it up to the surface on the water and it will mimic natural small waves in the ocean/lake and when you put it in night mode you can see the water flow at the bottom of the tank real cool...

Maybe two of em side by side would work. My tank is 12" front to back, and two of these lights would easily fit.

Mine is 2' wide... I have a light now that would work it just grows algae like crazy. It's a 4 bulb t5ho. Thanks for the info I just don't think it would be worth the money right now. Lol

Back
Top Bottom