Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

We should always have a spare. Just in case something should happen. I know that does not help you thou. Good luck.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #62
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I'm pretty sure that if Marineland replaces it, they'll send you the new one first... but I could be wrong.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Luna112
Nope. They said they would send me one when they got mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

Really??? I didn't have to send mine back to them. Weird, they must have changed.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

I took my 3 stealth pro heaters to Petco last night. They gave me store credit for them no problem at all.
eyring2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice! Thanks for the info.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #67
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Love_MyFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyring2210
I took my 3 stealth pro heaters to Petco last night. They gave me store credit for them no problem at all.
I just called ML and indeed they are recalling them. I was told to remove it immediately.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yikes! I just got a new Stealth Pro like last week. I did just call the Marineland Customer Relations and talked to a rep. He said that it is not a recall but a Stop Sale. Meaning its a quality review. He said that it could be nothing or escalate into a recall. Why are they telling different people different things? He asked me if I'm experiencing any malfunction and as of this morning its working fine. I'm still taking it back to Petco when I get home. I dont want to risk it exploding or anything like that. So to return it to petco, I just need the heater and the suction cups right? I already threw the box away.

Edit:
Just called Petco and since I used my PALS card, no need for the receipt. Just need to bring it in for some store credit..
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Love_MyFish
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgracia View Post
Yikes! I just got a new Stealth Pro like last week. I did just call the Marineland Customer Relations and talked to a rep. He said that it is not a recall but a Stop Sale. Meaning its a quality review. He said that it could be nothing or escalate into a recall. Why are they telling different people different things? He asked me if I'm experiencing any malfunction and as of this morning its working fine. I'm still taking it back to Petco when I get home. I dont want to risk it exploding or anything like that. So to return it to petco, I just need the heater and the suction cups right? I already threw the box away.

Edit:
Just called Petco and since I used my PALS card, no need for the receipt. Just need to bring it in for some store credit..
Yes they are required to take them back with or without a reciept. ML is refunding the store their money as well. If there is an issue you can have ML send you a heater. They dont require you to send urs back before hand as others have stated. They tell people it is a stop sell which by company lingo, they wouldnt do so unless serious issue have been found. My fish are worth more than a new heater to me so I'd rather get a new heater than wait to see if this one kills mine.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Activist

Glad I'm apart of these forums, never would have found out! Just got off the phone with Petco because that's where I bought mine, for my 75g tank that's currently cycling for cichlids. They told me I could bring it in and exchange it for a different "safer" brand. I'm fine with that. About to take it out and run down to there real quick.

Tags
alert, eat, eater, heater, led, marineland, stealth, stealth pro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com