Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #71
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Love_MyFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwn88
Glad I'm apart of these forums, never would have found out! Just got off the phone with Petco because that's where I bought mine, for my 75g tank that's currently cycling for cichlids. They told me I could bring it in and exchange it for a different "safer" brand. I'm fine with that. About to take it out and run down to there real quick.
Petsmart gave me a temporary heater. ML Is shipping me another model. Visi-Therm® Submersible Heaters.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Old 02-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Activist

Petco hooked me up! Replaced my two heaters, replaced my 250 for a 300 for my 75g, really nice of them. Even gave me a gift card on top of it.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Sonomakid
Just got a post card Dr F&S and i called they are replacing 100w to 300w stealth pro's and they are sending me a Marineland Visi Therm 300w, but of course the heater is on back order till Monday
Old 02-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonomakid
Just got a post card Dr F&S and i called they are replacing 100w to 300w stealth pro's and they are sending me a Marineland Visi Therm 300w, but of course the heater is on back order till Monday
Congrats. I'm waiting on mine from ML.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just got an email from Big Al's about this. Quick question though (since I see a lot of different information).

It appears I can return these to Petsmart even though I didn't buy my 2 heaters from them (one was from them the other was from Big Al's online). Is there a limitation on the TYPE of heater specifically? I have 2 Visitherm Stealth heaters. One is a 50w (this was not on the email but I"d like to get rid of it if the brand is having quality issues), and the other I believe is a 100w (but could be different as it's at home and I'm at work right now).

These are the black Visitherm Stealth heaters that only have a red dial (there is no light on them).

Basically I want to make sure if I remove these from my tank that I can quickly replace them to prevent temp swings. Sounds like people like the Ebo Jager fully submersible heaters. Does Petsmart sell them? There website only lists the partially submersible one.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Enigma
Just got an email from Big Al's about this. Quick question though (since I see a lot of different information).

It appears I can return these to Petsmart even though I didn't buy my 2 heaters from them (one was from them the other was from Big Al's online). Is there a limitation on the TYPE of heater specifically? I have 2 Visitherm Stealth heaters. One is a 50w (this was not on the email but I"d like to get rid of it if the brand is having quality issues), and the other I believe is a 100w (but could be different as it's at home and I'm at work right now).

These are the black Visitherm Stealth heaters that only have a red dial (there is no light on them).

Basically I want to make sure if I remove these from my tank that I can quickly replace them to prevent temp swings. Sounds like people like the Ebo Jager fully submersible heaters. Does Petsmart sell them? There website only lists the partially submersible one.

Thanks
Only the 100 & above stealth pro are being replaced. Just a FYI.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Enigma View Post
These are the black Visitherm Stealth heaters that only have a red dial (there is no light on them)....
Those are NOT the ones being pulled from sale. The ones with the red dial and NO light are the "first generation", and in my opinion, are pretty rock solid.

It's the "second generation" or the Stealth Pro that are being pulled - those are the ones that have the light in the heater control knob that either glows red or green depending on if the heater is heating or not.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post
Those are NOT the ones being pulled from sale. The ones with the red dial and NO light are the "first generation", and in my opinion, are pretty rock solid.

It's the "second generation" or the Stealth Pro that are being pulled - those are the ones that have the light in the heater control knob that either glows red or green depending on if the heater is heating or not.
Hmm, I wonder why I'd get the recall notice then? I'm assuming Big Al's Online knew what heater I purchased.... I'll double check when I get home but I'm almost 100% positive there is no light on the heater (can't imagine I've missed it all this time).
Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

In case the light is burned out, or you can't see it (it's not very bright), the heater control knob on the Stealth PROs are clear. The heater control knob on the regular Stealth's is solid red.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I had a 250w Stealth Pro shatter in my overflow last year and Marineland quicly replaced the heater along with a full refund of the purchase price.

Today I called Foster/Smith which I purchased 6 Stealths last year and they are overnighting 6 replacement Eheim/Jager 250W heaters.

HUKIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alert, eat, eater, heater, led, marineland, stealth, stealth pro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com