Marineland magniflow c360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikey5290

Aquarium Advice Activist
:banghead::banghead: Just bought a Marineland magniflow c360 canister filter and the microbubbles are driving me crazy. I have had this thing apart more in four days than I thought I would have to in a year.
Bought this as an upgrade to the HOB's and regretting it already.

Anyone have any tips from experience? I have tried lubing the valve block o-rings, unhooked and reinstalled the intake hose, added another hose clamp to the intake (at the valve block).

So frustrated:banghead::banghead:

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried tilting it in all directions while running? It can help release trapped air that priming misses.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did try tipping it, and gently banging it while running trying to get all air out. The bubbles come in small bursts, 5-15sec apart.
Marineland customer support has been trying to help, but so far nothing they have susseted has helped. They suggested lubing the main gasket; but I have nothing at the moment that I would consider aquarium safe. I would think the lube would be included if it was a normal thing that needs to be applied to seal the unit.

Take that thing back and get a fluval or a sunsun. Marineland stinks IMO.

If the customer support staff cant help then its exchange time.

I was thinking that. Have to contact Petsmart first about return policy especially before I unhook everything.

Good luck, man. Hope it gets resolved. I Hate to see a fellow hobbyist struggle.

try adding a foam pre-filter over the strainer on the bottom of intake tube ,
also be sure the propeller is fully seated if it's not that could cause micro bubbles
marinland filters are just too loud IMO
Call the number on your instruction manual if you still encounter issues ,
once a filter is opened and used most pet stores ask you to contact the manufacturer

He already has been trouble shooting with marineland customer support. They cant figure it out either.

I will continue to keep trying with Customer support tomorrow, they seem to be genuine so far in their efforts to try and make things right.

It really is just frustrating as I like the filter design, and the amount of media it holds, It is extremely quiet, and it was on sale for cheap $119. Which is very cheap for a canister filter here in Canada.

Any suggestions as to what to use as a lube for the gasket?

when I used canisters I used petroleum jelly on rubber gaskets worked great also use it on my water filters for the house

Thanks, I will try this as it's the last thing customer service asked me to try.

Ok, so I applied vaseline to the gasket and although it is not perfect I do notice some improvement.
Not sure if I should try applying more, or something different. Or pack it all up and return it (calling store later to ask about filter returns).

For now, waiting to hear back from customer service.
The only good part is my fish don't seem to care in the least.

The Marineland canisters are so big and bulky imo. Lots of room for bubbles. I prefer Fluval which is my recommendation if you end up returning this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I unhooked the filter and took it back to the store, unfortunately they didn't mention on the phone that they don't carry the marineland canisters at that location...:banghead::banghead: They called 4 other locations all of which had no stock.
I went home beyond frustrated but called a location 3 cities away, and they did have one. Off I went 40 min each way, swapped it out with no hassle.

Brought it home hooked it up and 4hrs later.....MORE BUBBLES THAN THE LAST ONE!!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.

It goes back tomorrow and swapping it out for an AC110.

Oh no! That's so not cool. Be aware people are complaining of the noise from the AC's lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Oh no! That's so not cool. Be aware people are complaining of the noise from the AC's lately.

+1
Its only been day 3 and it won't stop rattling.

I have all older models and they are quiet which doesn't even matter because they are away from living areas but it seems like when the packaging changed is when the trouble began. I'm wondering if they are made somewhere else now.

Actually I measured the clearance behind my tank last night and I only have 3.5" so it is going to have to be the penguin 350. I will just buy a spare impeller.

It is in my living room otherwise I would have gave up five days ago and just ran sponge filters just like the rest of my tanks tanks that are in the basement.

Back
Top Bottom