Marineland Penguin 330 Bio-Wheel Filter Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfool58

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was recently given a 75 gal tank, it came with stand, light, filter, the basic.. and the Filter is a Marineland Penguin 330 Biowheel.. Was my grandmas old tank, she never used for like 8 years.. When she gave it to me, she didnt know how stuff went in the filter properly.. and she had no instructions or anything.. could someone tell me how/where everything goes in it correctly? pictures or great details would be appreciated.. thanks!

What specifically do you need help with? In the current models everything fits into slots. But if you post a picture of what you have I can help you!

The 330 is the old model. The filters go into slots and there's a holding area with slotted things that u can put whatever u want into it. The bio wheels go on the front of the filter on the brackets. Hope that helps

Okay, so the slotted thing does go with it... My grandma didn't know.. Lol. What exactly goes in that, & does it really hang in the back? & is there a different cartridge that goes in besides the charcoal one? & I looked on google for a display of it, couldn't find one.. (but was also using my smartphone)

I'm not sure by what you mean with the slotted filter thing.

I don't use carbon because the carbon absorbs trace elements which are needed for my plants, also it has to be replaced every month or so and if not it releases everything it's absorbed

In the link you sent me, it's number 11, the media basket.. & if all I have is java fern, java moss & anubias.. Can I use carbon?

fishfool58 said:
In the link you sent me, it's number 11, the media basket.. & if all I have is java fern, java moss & anubias.. Can I use carbon?

I think your plants will be ok with the carbon. In the media basket you can put whatever, like ceramic rings or bio balls or leave it empty it's just for extra media

Definitely, what would be the best to do for my filter? The carbon cartridge, & just some ceramic rings? That's all I need in my filter?

The carbon cartridge also has a filter pad right? If so I would just add ceramic rungs for bio filtration

I guess, it's got the normal carbon cartridge with the blue on one side, & okay, sounds good.. Anything else needed ya think? & I appreciate it a lot..

No problem! And yeah the blues the filter pad so your good to go! Remember to cycle

Thanks, & I'm going on vacation this Sunday, so I'll have it up & running before then & while in I'm gone..

Back
Top Bottom