Marineland Reef Capable LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And if these aren't suitable, would 4 T5 (2 sunlight and 2 actinic) be enough, and would I need HO? The only thing I don't like about the Reef Capable LED is that there is only 1 power cord, and it cannot transition from night to day on a timer, it must be manual.

My tank is double your and I only have 4 T5 54W 1200mm lights. I've been waiting for the supplier to stock the correct reflectors. I suspect your lighting is sufficient, but if you feel it needs more, look into clip on reflectors as an inexpensive option.

cheers

W.

Merging this with your other thread in the equipment area. Against site rules to do same threads in multiple forums.

im still very weary of these lights, i havent seen much when it comes to long term use, so im not sure. if it were me i'd just find a nice 4-6 bulb T5HO fixture with individual reflectors and be safe.

i'd much rather buy one fixture than have to buy two

I agree. I have seen them and they are not that bright.

This is the double bright LEDs. The reef capable LEDs are more than double the lumens. I think its plenty bright. Your talking around 3 feet deep water! That will be enough.

Attachments

• DSC01476.jpg
    DSC01476.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 273
I am not talking about the double bright. I'm talking about the new LEDs that just came out last summer. Reef Capable and Double Bright - different units - both made by MarineLand

I am not talking about the double bright. I'm talking about the new LEDs that just came out last summer. Reef Capable and Double Bright - different units - both made by MarineLand

I know exactly what you are talking about. The reef capable are more than double the lumens than the double bright system, so my point is the reef capable system will be bright enough for a reef tank depending the size of the light because marineland makes different sizes.

Check it out!

http://marineland.com/sites/Marineland/products/productdetail.aspx?id=2054&cid=5512&mid=5528

lumens isnt really a factor when talking about reef lighting, im sticking by what i said and am weary

Keep in mind with that Marineland Reef Capable unit, you only have one power cord on it. So if you're using a timer, you only get on/off and can't control the blue and white LEDs separately... so no dawn/dusk effect. Big mistake on Marineland's part, if you ask me...

Back
Top Bottom