Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System w/Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have questions about this system.

Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System w/Timer

dot_clear.gif
VIEW LARGER IMAGE​

It's supposed to be reef capable. I have a 72" long tank, that's 22"deep and 18" wide. I called the seller and asked about it. I want to change my tank from a power compact lighting system that only supports LPS to a lighting system that supports SPS, anemones, etc. The person I spoke with says it has enough light to support the animals I want to add. I'm not interested in going metal halide to be able to add SPS.

Anyone have any ideas about this system? It says it has 36 10,000K daylight LEDs and and 6 460nm actininc LEDs. It does not have lunar lighting, but it does have a timer. I would have to use two 36" units, sitting end-to-end above my tank.

Comments please.

I quick google search can show you all the negative comments from people who have owned these LED. Skip it and move onto something better.

Terrance said:
I quick google search can show you all the negative comments from people who have owned these LED. Skip it and move onto something better.

What he said. I would add that for a fish tank with pretty much just fish I'd still get something else. They're to directional (no light spread).

They would be MarineDepot.com. I called to ask them about it. Anyone have advice on a good system that would suit my needs? Specs on my tank are above. I just want to upgrade so I can keep more species of inverts in my reef tank. Right now I have an LTA, a condi, mushroom coralimorphs, some polyps and 4 fish.

I don't see any tank specs above. Not even tank size.

Edit: maybe it just doesn't show up on my iPod.

Specs are in the first post.

What kind of lighting do you have right now?

Do you want to upgrade to a nice unit (expensive) or a fixture that gets the job done (cheaper and not as good for viewing pleasures)?

Back
Top Bottom