marineland reef LED, good for reefs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a marineland reef capable LED light (well at least they say it is reef capable). I am some day going to get into saltwater. Right now this light is in storage but if it won't benefit me in the future then why keep it. So i want to know if this light will be sufficient to sustain a saltwater reef tank in the future? It is the 36 inch if that makes a difference. Thank you for your time!

Nope, unfortunately those lights arent really reef ready. You may be able to keep som soft corals but that might even be pushing it abit . :)

I guess you can say I learned the hard way. What would be a reasonable price to try and sell it at? I have original packaging and i only used it for around 3 months. I payed $324.99 for it

that's really rough. sorry you learned the hard way, it does happen to us all though. You can use them for what they are worth to ya, keeping only very basic corals. Do you have a FW tank? They can give a breath taking shimmer.

I would think you might be able to get $250 or so, that's just a wild guess though/

Good luck!

carey said:
that's really rough. sorry you learned the hard way, it does happen to us all though. You can use them for what they are worth to ya, keeping only very basic corals. Do you have a FW tank? They can give a breath taking shimmer.

I would think you might be able to get $250 or so, that's just a wild guess though/

Good luck!

Yes as of now I am a freshie :) but I plan one day to go to the dark side and put salt in my water ;) I was just trying to think ahead. Thank you for your help! I might just put the LEDs on my freshwater tank and enjoy the shimmer effect.

They are good for reef as long as you have everything at a nice height. The par and lux are nice on them you might need two

Back
Top Bottom