Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #11
Originally Posted by thominil View Post
I would think twice about that statement....They have held all outgoing shipments after they finally admitted there was a problem with the stealth pro models. Some of them overheat your tank, there are a few that even burst.
glass heater tend to burst/break/crack more than Stealth.

i keep big fish, with a glass heater its not so safe.

i got a glass heater that i use for my 55 gallon, a 250 watt ... i set it at 72 and it still goes up to 82. the light on the heater keep lighing up.

BlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have used glass heaters for the last three years and have yet to have a problem with them. Only up until a few weeks ago did I switch the one on my 20g out, but that was because it was a 150w and I wanted to downgrade to a 100w, so I chose a Stealth Pro. If they are withholding shipments, there is more than likely a design flaw in the newer models. Not discouraging you from buying, just be careful and watch them closely, so far I've had no problems, and I hope I don't.

Any questions? Feel free to PM me.
Hitchhikers on live rock? http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm
Like someone's post? Show some appreciation with the reputation button!
thominil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
they should just keep making the old models.

BlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

marineland, stealth, stealth pro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com