Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Marineland submersible visi therm heater

So i contacted marineland about thir recall ck in April. They replaced my 100w heater to this new glass type. At first use, the next morning 4 of the smllest fish died and the 2 larger remining fish were huddling low nd not moving. I removed the heater immediately and did a water change. Beingnew to fish i did not know what else to do. My tw fish did survive but i havenot used the heater since. I called Marineland to complain but to no avail. It could havebeen a coincidence. Doubt it.
Well now i have a larger tank and to save somemoney i am thinking of using the visi therm glass heater along my other heater (combined watt 200)

So after this long history, has anyoneelse had problems withtheMarineland visi therm submersibleheater?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I stopped using them about 4-5 years ago, condensation ( water) got inside the heater and killed (shocked ) my discus. Lot all three of them.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Take them, and throw them as far as you can they are JUNK. They work great for a while, but the seal leaks and lets condensation in the heater. then they are unsafe for use. I actually seen one of mine spark inside the glass once. I use all Aqueon Pros now and really like them.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Chriznat20
A Marineland heater malfunctioned and nearly took out my tank this past September. I called Marineland and they couldnt have been any less sympathetic. Also, this was a heater they sent me, after I returned my recalled heater to them.

Never, ever again.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

wow, what would u suggest i buy instead? i have 3 marineland and have had no issues...
Old 12-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Is there such a 'thing' as a truly submersible heater?
Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtofish
Is there such a 'thing' as a truly submersible heater?
Yes, some heaters are just better than others.

Tags
eat, eater, heater, marineland, submersible

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com