Marineland submersible visi therm heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtofish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i contacted marineland about thir recall ck in April. They replaced my 100w heater to this new glass type. At first use, the next morning 4 of the smllest fish died and the 2 larger remining fish were huddling low nd not moving. I removed the heater immediately and did a water change. Beingnew to fish i did not know what else to do. My tw fish did survive but i havenot used the heater since. I called Marineland to complain but to no avail. It could havebeen a coincidence. Doubt it.
Well now i have a larger tank and to save somemoney i am thinking of using the visi therm glass heater along my other heater (combined watt 200)

So after this long history, has anyoneelse had problems withtheMarineland visi therm submersibleheater?

I stopped using them about 4-5 years ago, condensation ( water) got inside the heater and killed (shocked ) my discus. Lot all three of them.

Take them, and throw them as far as you can they are JUNK.:nono: They work great for a while, but the seal leaks and lets condensation in the heater. then they are unsafe for use. I actually seen one of mine spark inside the glass once. I use all Aqueon Pros now and really like them.

A Marineland heater malfunctioned and nearly took out my tank this past September. I called Marineland and they couldnt have been any less sympathetic. Also, this was a heater they sent me, after I returned my recalled heater to them.

Never, ever again.

wow, what would u suggest i buy instead? i have 3 marineland and have had no issues...

Is there such a 'thing' as a truly submersible heater?

Back
Top Bottom