Max Head Lenght for Fluval 205

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

checkvalve

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm replacing the tubing on my filter and want to move it some so it sits away from the baseboard heater. (Yes, here in Alaska our heat is still on---single digits at night and 30's during the day, but the snow is melting...YEA!). How long can I get away with? The tubing that is on it now are about 4'. Thanks

This is just an assumption but.......... Unless the filter is in direct contact with your baseboard I don't think it has much of an effect on changing the water temp.

If you add hose, flow will go down. Now, if its on the floor, and you move it away and put it on the floor, head hight will be the same. But extra tubing will reduce flow. I added about 3 ft of tubing to a fluval 404, then measured the output from the nozzle at about 150 gph (the manual claims 225 gph filter circulation, 340 gal pump output). Unfortunately, I did not measure the output before I added the hose, so I don't know how close an unaltered filter comes to the advertised output.

Now, if your fluval is right next to your tank, then doesn't that mean your tank is also right next to the baseboard heat? It would seem that if you are going to keep the filter near your tank, you should not worry about adding a few inches to the tube length.

Back
Top Bottom