Maxi jet prefilter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since I've got a BTA now, I want to get some sort of prefilter (foam or otherwise) for the maxi jets. I found this: http://www.reefsplendor.com/pages/pumps/maxijet.html (look for "maxijet prefilter sponge") but $6/pair seems expensive just for little foam pieces. I will need 4 of them and I'm sure they'll need replacing once in a while.

Has anyone found a better or cheaper solution?

What about using a little bit of filter material and putting some rubber bands around them? You can get a sheet of it for $2.00 at the LFS.

Panty hose is what some suggest.

Doesnt the plastic thingy that comes with Maxi Jet PH fine enough?

I thought it might be... but then my BTA demonstrated that it was definitely not fine enough. He seems to have recovered just fine though.

the ones for the maxi jets work really good. I sell alot of them and the biggest plus to them is they will not get sucked intothe pump when they get dirty and the water flow through them slow and the suction increases. If that makes sense??

Yep heres a pic of mine:
PICT0742.sized.jpg

I have black nylon pond netting with 1/4 inch holes. I use a square of that folded over a few times and rubber-banded to the intakes. No cost, works great! Just rinse out when necessary and reattach.

Back
Top Bottom