Maxijet, way to reduce flow??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am using a large maxijet powerhead for a DIY filter on my 10 gallon quarantine, as my most recent filter just broke, the problem is that there is so much flow that i don't want my fish to be spinning around in it, but i want to do it cheaply instead of getting a new filter. Any ways to reduce flow so the fish are okay? I'll be getting fish today, and they are african cichlids so they can take a lot of flow, i just want to make sure they are okay!!

dense filter sponge over the intake tube, should slow it down a bit. but why not just buy an aquaclear filter or something similar? they are relatively cheap

Cuz i'm a poor high school student lol. And i have the filter set up with a cutoff water bottle filled with pillow stuffing from my other tank to instantly cycle and have bacteria. So since the intake is covered, anything i could do to the outtake?

not that I can think of, perhaps aim the output at a rock in the center of the tank, so that way it breaks up the flow.

Back
Top Bottom