Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Maybe not so new refuge light idea

I've been in the process of adding a sump/fuge to my setup. I have not decided on the light on my fuge that will house chaeto. I was shopping in Wal-Mart today when I looked in the pet area and found this light bulb. It's a 10 watt cf bulb made by Lights of America that is 6500K and fits into an incandescent hood. I just happen to have an old hood that will fit my future 15H fuge. The bulbs cost $4.84 each before tax. So for around $10 I get 20 watts of light in an actual aquarium style hood. This may not be a new idea but I think it will be an inexpensive clean looking setup. It will be a few more weeks before I get the fuge up and running so I will see how this works. Hope this helps someone out.

saltwatersmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm using 2 15 watt flourescents and one similar compact flourescent like the one your speaking of in my sump/fuge. Works great, grows macro like crazy!

Long Live DIY
55 gal reef
45 gal turtle/fish tank
75 gal planted/cichlid tank
PatM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to thelovablebum Send a message via MSN to thelovablebum Send a message via Yahoo to thelovablebum
i have read in other posts that a lot of people use lights like that for their fuge but they use the ones that are like flood lights.

but you have a hood and they didnt. so i think it would work good
thelovablebum is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com