Maybe not so new refuge light idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwatersmac

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been in the process of adding a sump/fuge to my setup. I have not decided on the light on my fuge that will house chaeto. I was shopping in Wal-Mart today when I looked in the pet area and found this light bulb. It's a 10 watt cf bulb made by Lights of America that is 6500K and fits into an incandescent hood. :idea: I just happen to have an old hood that will fit my future 15H fuge. The bulbs cost $4.84 each before tax. So for around $10 I get 20 watts of light in an actual aquarium style hood. This may not be a new idea but I think it will be an inexpensive clean looking setup. It will be a few more weeks before I get the fuge up and running so I will see how this works. Hope this helps someone out. :roll:

Stephen

I'm using 2 15 watt flourescents and one similar compact flourescent like the one your speaking of in my sump/fuge. Works great, grows macro like crazy!

i have read in other posts that a lot of people use lights like that for their fuge but they use the ones that are like flood lights.

but you have a hood and they didnt. so i think it would work good

Back
Top Bottom