Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Exclamation Megaflow bulkheads and plumbing...

Hi All,

This is my first post, so go easy on me! I searched and did not find a suitable answer to my question...

Me nd my Wife jst moved and are upgrading our 55g marine to a 125. We purched an All Glass 125 megaflow and 2 of the megaflow overflow kits, but it does not seem like the bulkheads are compatible with standard tubing....the 3/4" and 1" are not even close to fitting the respective bulkheads, an 1" is too big for the 3/4" bulkhead, and 1 1/4" too big for the 1" bulkhead. I tried PVC piping, but the same issue....3/4" too small, 1" too big, so no go there. Does anyone use the overflow kits and what doe you use for your plumbing?

Thanks in advance!

Don in Ohio.

DonCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
could you get a reducing coupling that would knock the 1.25 down to a 1"? maybe from home depot or lowes. or even better, try googling a local plumbing supply store. Small business owners are usually able to help you better with little things like this.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply! Asked the LFS this morning what to do and they came up with a good idea that I never thought of....dip the end of the flexible tubing n hot/boiling water to soften it up a bit, then try ti fit it over the bulkhead, and it worked! The 1" bulkhead posed a whole nother issue which was my fault....needed 1 1/4" tubing and I had 1"...got the 1 1/4", soaked it in hot water, and now I have a plumbed tank.....going to get the sump running tommorow evening. Wish me luck!

Don in Ohio
DonCollins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
125 gallon, flow, megaflow, overflow kit, plumbing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com