Megaflow bulkheads and plumbing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonCollins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

This is my first post, so go easy on me! I searched and did not find a suitable answer to my question...

Me nd my Wife jst moved and are upgrading our 55g marine to a 125. We purched an All Glass 125 megaflow and 2 of the megaflow overflow kits, but it does not seem like the bulkheads are compatible with standard tubing....the 3/4" and 1" are not even close to fitting the respective bulkheads, an 1" is too big for the 3/4" bulkhead, and 1 1/4" too big for the 1" bulkhead. I tried PVC piping, but the same issue....3/4" too small, 1" too big, so no go there. Does anyone use the overflow kits and what doe you use for your plumbing?

Thanks in advance!

Don in Ohio.

could you get a reducing coupling that would knock the 1.25 down to a 1"? maybe from home depot or lowes. or even better, try googling a local plumbing supply store. Small business owners are usually able to help you better with little things like this.

Thanks for the reply! Asked the LFS this morning what to do and they came up with a good idea that I never thought of....dip the end of the flexible tubing n hot/boiling water to soften it up a bit, then try ti fit it over the bulkhead, and it worked! The 1" bulkhead posed a whole nother issue which was my fault....needed 1 1/4" tubing and I had 1"...got the 1 1/4", soaked it in hot water, and now I have a plumbed tank.....going to get the sump running tommorow evening. Wish me luck!

Don in Ohio

Back
Top Bottom