Megaflow plumbing advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwatersmac

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 90 gal Megaflow with the accessory kit. According to the head loss calculator my Mag 9.5 should be about 600 gph. I will have the drain split with about half running directly in to my ASM G3 and the other half running into my fuge. The way I have it designed requires the drain to have a 90 elbow directly after the bulkhead. It will run about 18" horizontally then tee off to the skimmer and fuge. Anyone ever try this? I was wondering if the drain will be able to keep up with the pump? I have already opened up the slots in the megaflow but I am concerned that I may have too much restriction in the drain plumbing itself. All thoughts are highly appreciated!

Thanks
Stephen

You will have to try it and see. You can always throttle the pump back iff needed. The overflow can handle it but I don't know how much you are restricting it with your setup. I have read of some that get 1000 or so gph out of the modded Megaflow. I might be off a bit on the gph but I think that it is close.

I have never ran a skimmer like that so I cannot comment there.

Thanks for the input ellisz. I was just looking for any experience that says this may not work before I glue anything.

Back
Top Bottom