metal halide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadime69

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to get a canapy for my 150 gallon tank n get rid of my t5 system. I'm looking to get into a ballast n just the bulbs as the inclosed actual fish ones are far to expensive. So what should I get 400s or 250 n how many should I have in the canapy also what type of light IV seen a few different. Mh. Bolbs

Are you prepared for the heat increase and the subsequent 3-5g per day FW top-offs from evaporation??

What kind of coral are you doing? I did 3 x 150 mh and 4x96 actinics in my canopy which was quite enuf for most things I wanted to do.

Looked at LED yet?

austinsdad said:
Are you prepared for the heat increase and the subsequent 3-5g per day FW top-offs from evaporation??

What kind of coral are you doing? I did 3 x 150 mh and 4x96 actinics in my canopy which was quite enuf for most things I wanted to do.

Looked at LED yet?

Like I said cost is an issue. For me I was planning on retrofit some old wherhouse ones in the top of hood but will 2 400s be enough for my whole tank n I want to do it so I can grow what I please. Or should I do like 3 250s?

dadime69 said:
Like I said cost is an issue. For me I was planning on retrofit some old wherhouse ones in the top of hood but will 2 400s be enough for my whole tank n I want to do it so I can grow what I please. Or should I do like 3 250s?

As for heat I got a swamp cooler in my livingroom so I doubt it will be an issue. Plus I used an old aluminum. Saturn heater core for a chiller hooked to a small Rio

Back
Top Bottom