Metal Halide Fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so I have had my tank up and running for about 7 months. I have a variety of sps and lps in my tank. However I am not running any metal halides. I am running the current usa nova extreme fixture with 4x54 watt 10000k daylight and 4x54w 420 actinic blues. It also has 4 white moonlights. The sps are growing but not at a rate they could with a metal halide. Everything is well however I think metal halides will help growth rates.
That said what metal halide FIXTURES do you guys have experience with that have moon lights and I know I want t-5 blues and metal halides. What are your thoughts on what I should get. Your help is greatly appreciated. I dont want to build anything. I want a fixture all in one. I would prefer internal ballast. Also I want metal halides that I can replace the 10k with 14k.

Are they going out of business or something? Many of their fixtures are discontinued. what gives? I had two LFS trying to sell those same lights to me before I went with my current system.

he would have to have two of those for a 48" tank though wouldnt he, matt

No they arent going out of business, they make some of the best lights IMO

No they arent going out of business, they make some of the best lights IMO

I totally agree. For all in one options, they are just about the most popular and well reviewed that I've seen. Current's customer service is also top notch. (y)

Back
Top Bottom