Metal Halides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rive1404

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've finally finished stocking my 75 gallon tank with fish, and now I'm diverting my attention to coral. Currently, I have the 4x56 watt (216 watts total) T-5 HO Nova Extreme light fixture for some LPS, zoos, and mushrooms. I'm waning to upgrade the lights by running two or 3 150W K-2 Viper HQI fixtures( 150W K-2 Viper HQI Fixture by JBJ - AquaCave ) in conjuction with my T-5's.

Is this advisable, and will it be sufficient lighting to keep SPS corals?

With a 4' tank, 2 halides will do the trick. Just watch your water temp. T5's and MH's together can put out alot of heat.

With a 4' tank, 2 halides will do the trick. Just watch your water temp. T5's and MH's together can put out alot of heat.

So the lighting would be sufficient for most SPS corals or just a few? And when I add the lights, would I need to re-acclimate all my current corals to the halides?

You will be able to keep anything with that lighting. When you add the mh's, just run them a few hrs at first and gradually increase the time they are on.

Back
Top Bottom