Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mini-Canister

I was perusing the internet looking for possible new lighting options for my 20g tank, and I came across this little filter Canister Filters: Rapids Mini Canister Filter at Drs. Foster and Smith and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and whether they would recommend it? And especially whether it would be recommended over a regular HOB? Any information would be most welcome! Thanks!!!

I enjoy having a zoo to care for!
Karackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Sliced Bread

I had a bad experience with those, but I think it was just limited to the one specifically I had. I couldn't get it to seal, so it just leaked water everywhere.

Anyway, that aside, I think for a 20g tank you'll want something slightly larger. I'd recommend an XP1 for a canister filter for a 20g tank.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, using the search function and seraching around the internet, it doesnt sound like they're a great product actually. The Zoomed 501 seems to be a little better, but possibly not for a 20g. I thought if it worked well and I could easily hang it on the side, it might be nice, but my HOB is fairly new, and i use the under tank area to store my tank supplies, no room for a real cannister down there.

Thanks for the thought though!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had one, it arrived broken. The connecting piece of hard plastic near the intake hose. I asked for the replacement part and they sent me a whole new filter, which was great! Then the replacement broke in the same place, so I chucked both filters and got an Eheim 2213.

It was a very nice little filter when it was working-haven't seen another of similar capacity and design. If they could just fix that little problem....

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
plecoperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for the input, i guess i'll go a different way sounds like that little problem could be...well....problematic

Tags
canister, mini

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com