moon lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I searched Ebay and my final decision was www.thelebos.com

these lights are awesome .. they are dimmable and you also have the option to get a lunar tracker to connect them too. The lunar tracker will automtically adjust the lights according to the cycle of the moon. Pretty cool!! I opted not to get the Lunar tracker, but I should have because now everynight I try to adjust it myself according to what I think it should be!

Wow, $30 per led. I'm in the wrong business. :) You can make your own for a couple bucks, or you can have someone put the parts together for you for a couple bucks.

Moonlights? I leave mine on 24/7 .... I have read that LED's will last longer if they are not repeatedly fired on and off.
During the day when the normal lights are on you can't even tell the moonlights are on! :wink:

i just got mine in today and im pretty pumped. i ordered them from obay. i need to fgure out the power supply needed and wat i need to get for them :)

+1, mine are on 24/7 They look neat at night and my clowns love them. Day time, you can't even tell they're on.

yah moonlight are pretty sweat. i have mine plug in to my ups right know if anything happens. like every one knows LED dont comsume that much energy and
i can see mine during the day except when i turn on the normal lights.

My experience with led's, dating back to the 1970's an 80's, is that they have an approximate life of 100,00 to 300,000 hours depending on the color. The blues have only been around for the past few years and reds and greens have been around for decades. They draw infitesimal amounts of current and produce incredible lumens/per watt. Many cities are replacing their traffic light bulbs with led's as well as automakers and dozens of other industries. They are simply cheaper and more reliable than other types of lighting.

As far as spectrum and how they help/hurt a reef tank, I dunno. But they are cool.

any specific brands

thanks for the replies but are there any specific brands or designs that you would reccomend. I've been looking on ebay and there are so many types. :) :)

I bought a coralife aqua light pro that came with 4 leds... quite nice, but as far as the 'stand alone' kits from ebay..well..donno.. seen pics of the results and they work well it seems..
There's instructions around here on AA on how to do it yourself.. lemme see if I can find em..

Save yourself the time and just order from the Lebos .... trust em you won't be disappointed. I'm sure many others here on the board have them as well, there just not posting!

www.thelebos.com

These LED Moonlights , are they just blue leds? Or are they some sort of special spectrum of light to benefit the corals?

Thanks,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom