Most accurate thermometer ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusalka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
With so much choice and low prices on e-bay, I still don't want to lose my time by experimenting. I need your advice, which thermometer is most accurate?

I don't really trust my adhesive stripe, because sometimes three adjacent numbers are lit at the same time... so I don't know what to think... I just want to replace it.

I like the ones that suction cup onto the inside of the tank. Just be careful if you have fish that like to play with stuff in their tank, you don't want it to break and spill the mercury or alcohol into the tank.

I use a digital one in my 55g, and I love it, never guessing about what is says. It was $18 at Petco. Right now on 30g have one that has a magnet on outside that holds thermometer on inside. Works good enough, but digital is easier to read.

I use these in all my tanks. Dr smith and fosters has them for about $6.99. I pay about $2 on eBay for the exact thing with free shipping.

Attachments

• image-4131051789.jpg
    image-4131051789.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 115
I have 1 of these in my African cichlid tank. I like aquarium gadgets and this can be read from across the room. Paid $1.98 on eBay with free shipping. It displays in celsius though.

Attachments

• image-620331055.jpg
    image-620331055.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom