Moving a 210

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeCasa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could two strong men lift an empty 210 off a base and set on dollies by themselves?

Probably ? Define strong.

I've owned a construction company for 40+ years, defining strong isn't an art form :lol:

It's just hard to get guys on a Sunday morning and that's my time window.

I'll try to ask at least four and hope three make it which would make four with myself.

I was hoping someone would post...sure no problem with two men...but I kinda knew better :(

Thanks

I've owned a construction company for 40+ years, defining strong isn't an art form :lol:

It's just hard to get guys on a Sunday morning and that's my time window.

I'll try to ask at least four and hope three make it which would make four with myself.

I was hoping someone would post...sure no problem with two men...but I kinda knew better :(

Thanks

Lol ??. Understand totally. I own a tree removal service and am amazed at times what walks thru the door looking for a job. Not an art form at all !!

I needed 6 for my 265 but the previous owner siliconed rocks and gravel to the rear glass. I guessed another 250-300 pounds of weight. In between a change of residences I did get it rock free and we did it with 4 easily.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Moved it by my self, took some prep work but very little physical exertion.

Yes I took pictures

This 210 has a new home

It's mine :D

I got a 75 from Plymouth to medfield and into my shipping container all by myself! dolly and a red bull go a long way:) 2 smart big guys could do it...shoulder straps and a wheel cart.. boom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How did you do it??

I had an advantage because I owned a commercial cabinet company installing cabinets in high rises, schools and hospitals. Because of the weight and size of these plastic laminate cabinets I built custom made 4wheel (pneumatic tired) dollies

I added a wood box to the top of one of the dollies exactly 1/4" lower than where the tank was setting and simply slid the tank over, ratcheted it down, wheeled it outside and up a 3/4" plywood ramp onto the trailer.

I was worried (scared) but it went smooth.

What you did was actually much easier than what you would have had with 4 men trying to lift it. Good thinking on your part.

The sad part is that by the time experience teaches you how to work smart the Grim Reeper tells you it's checkout time.

Back
Top Bottom