Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Mp10 help

I want to purchase an mp10 off of aquacave but there are 2 options the mp10 es for 240 and then the mp10w es what's the difference between them thanks in advance

Patrick93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The MP10WES is the same as the MP10ES, except that it is wireless and lets you sync 2 Ecotech's together. you can upgrade the MP10ES with a wireless box to make it sync to another if you want. I guess it all depends on what you plan on doing with it. I hope this helps.

Yep, I got crabs!
The Duke 8705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion
After mulling it over I went with the regular MP10s instead of the wireless. If you plan on buying more than 1, it seems like a cool thing to have, but I am running 2 without the wireless features and it is still an amazing ph.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright that deff helps cause the website didn't make it to clear thanks everyone
Patrick93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I know I'm late in the game on this issue and I really can't ad to what has been said because it all good advice. I view everything like a good pool player it's not the shot you need now but it's what you need to get to the end. If you plan on not growing and have a small cube aquarium the MP10 ES is best but if you see yourself growing the MP10W ES is the way to go and yes you can get a wireless upgrade for 80.00 bucks down the road if your needs change. The wireless feature is only a communication between pumps and lights to keep them in sync and some hobbyists love it.

The resale value is excellent on both models because the company did something really smart they force their dealers not to undercut each other they set a standard price and all dealers must obey within a dollar or two. That means no club or store discounts also is what I've been told. I have a MP10 ES because I couldn't wait for the wireless and I was being cheap and I now regret my choice. keep your Ecotech MP10 ES system clean if you decide to sell down the road keep all the paperwork box etc.
tommygun is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com