Mp10 really worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are the Vortechs Mp10's really worth it on a 55 gallon. I'm not worried about sound cause I see they are close to silent. Just wanted to see if they were really worth the high price.

I had one on a 58 bowfront. Great powerhead! I now have mp40s on my big tank. I feel like they are worth the extra money if you have it :) my corals responded very well to them

Based on the reviews and results from many reefers, yes. I don't personally have one, but I wish I did. It's the ideal pump for SPS dominant tanks (well, other corals too) b/c of the random flow/power.

Honestly I say no. They are not worth it. I have 1 MP10 and 1 WP25 on my 55gal SPS tank and the WP25 was by far the better deal... its only 70 bucks and it pushes 3 times the water that the MP10 does. I love that with vortech you are getting reliable products with great customer service. But now that I have tried the WP25 ill stick with those from now on.

I run an mp10 on my 60g cube and koralias everywhere else pretty much. I like the mp10, but is it worth price tag to me? No. It's a great powerhead but for that much money it performs only slightly better than my koralias, at least in my experience.

I dont think a single mp10 is good enough for a 55g either, I have a 24 inch wide tank and its perfect but to add another two feet to that in tank length and you are probably looking at either 2 of them or an mp40.

Wow didn't think they would be that bad. The price is pretty outrageous though. I wonder if the same opinion goes for the mp40s.

I have an MP10 on my 40B and I love it. So many different flow patterns and it's not overly loud. I personally like not having to clean salt creep off of the power cord like I had to with my Koralias. The price tag is a zinger though, you'll defintely feel it in the wallet.

Does anyone have experience with the Tunze nanostream pumps? Specifically the 6095 and the 7096 controller. I've been trying to decide between 2 mp40s or 2 6095s with the Tunze controller.

Back
Top Bottom