Mp10 won't turn on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef_N_Reptile

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got a new mp10 about 3 weeks ago. This morning I woke up and it was off, tried turning it back on and got nothing. The power converter on the cord has a light that is on so I know it's getting power but the actual controller will not turn on at all. And ecotech is closed today so I can't call. Pretty frustrated right now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup, id be frustrated too. I have 2
of them on my 40 breeder... Redundant, but have you checked the cable going into the controller? Did the wet side become misaligned overnight with the dryside? Anything seem out of the ordinary?

I have tried everything over and over now. I think there's a short in the controller or something. I got it to flash on for a second then off again and that's it. I'm going to call tomorrow since it's still under warranty. Now I'm a little nervous about buying radions like I planned.. But who knows maybe I just got unlucky

Don't be nervous. Ecotech is great company and they have great customer service. I have 2 radions, 2 mp40, and a reef link...plus a battery backup I just got for Xmas. My first gen 1 radion power supply died and was still under warranty. They'll fedex you a new one with a box to send the bad pieces back.

Good to know. I'm going to call them tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom